Togüí – waterfalls, canyons and trails
A very special trip in Boyaca department through the canyons of the Pómeca and Ubaza rivers in the so-called “Serranía del Peligro”. Togüí is located 195 km from Bogotá. The landscape is characterized by its large number of forests, caves, waterfalls and deep cliffs.
This tour is a unique opportunity to recognize a region full of nature and not overwhelmed by mass tourism. It reveals the simplicity of farmer’s life in this region. We will be accompanied by local people, simple, knowledgeable, generous and expert.
Day 1: We will pick you up from your hotel in Bogota at 5:30 AM and head to the main bus terminal in order to drive to Moniquira. In Moniquira we will switch to a smaller inter-municipality bus in order to reach the town of Togui. We expect to arrive to Togüi at about 10 – 11 AM.
First we will leave our things in the cabins and have a short rest and lunch. Afterwards we will head out for the first activity – visit to the waterfall “Salto del Zorro”. We will drive in a car for about 30 min on a bumpy road and then continue walking for another 30 min approximately.
Return back to the cabins. Dinner and rest.
Day 2: Today we can expect a long trekking in La Serrania del Peligro. This trek might last about 6 hours and takes us through the fields of crops and Andean forest. The last part of the trail is on small road till we come back to Togüi.
Return to the cabins for late lunch. If you are still in a mood and if there is time we can go to visit another waterfall. In this case we will take a car for about 45 minutes continued by a short walk. Return to the cabins, dinner and rest.
Day 3: In the morning we will head to the viewpoint of the Pomeca River Canyon. In order to get there, we will take a car for 1 hour on a muddy bumpy road and then walk for about 20 min. Afterwards we will head back to the cabins, will pick up our bags and initiate the return back to Bogota by public bus. Transfer to your hotel.
- Public transportation Bogota – Togüi – Bogota
- Private transfer Hotel – bus terminal – Hotel in Bogota
- Local jeep transportation in Togui as stipulated in the itinerary
- Bilingual guide during the tour from Bogota
- Accommodation in cabins in Togüi (double or multiple)
- Scheduled activities
- Full meals (from the lunch Day 1 till the breakfast Day 4)
- Hotel in Bogota
- Meals not stipulated in the program
- Personal expenses
- Additional activities
- Travel insurance
- This destination does not have any specific season, it can be visited all year round
- The visited places specified in the itinerary might vary according to the decision of the guide and actual weather conditions
- The cabins in Togüi are basic; nevertheless, it is the best possible option in this area. There is no hot water
- Climate in Togüi is warm and pleasant, the temperatures might fluctuate from 20 to 28 C during the day
- Be prepared to carry appropriate clothing for trekking in warm/hot climate
- Togüi is located not far from Villa de Leyva, if you plan to continue your trip to Villa de Leyva or probably to any other destination and not return to Bogota, let us know!
List of items to carry
- Backpack 50 Lt capacity (or some other type of bag)
- Small backpack for day activities
- Light colored shirts and pans (long sleeves recommended, do not wear jeans)
- Tennis shoes and another pair of shoes for replacement
- Swimming suite
- Fast drying towel
- Photo camera
- Personal medicine and hygiene items
- Personal documents
- Money in cash in Colombian pesos